John Peck was born on the 21st of August 1787 and at the age of 21 he left his fathers home and move to Parson Drove to set up his own farm. At first he rented a farm and then in 1843 he bought Inham Hall where he lived the rest of his life. John Peck married Elizabeth Ulyat on the 1st December 1817, and they raised a family of seven sons and one daughter. He was a well respected member of the community and he held the office of Parish Constable continuously for 35 years until his death in 1851. As a young man John Peck served on two local drainage boards, his main concern was with the network of windmills that drove the water off the land.