Weekly Sunday Service at 9am 1st Sunday – Morning Worship 2nd & 4th Sunday – Holy Communion 3rd Sunday – Breakfast Church Contact details: Rev Sandra Gardner 01945581486 firstname.lastname@example.org
Rev Janet Phillips 01945589034
Kate Pateman 01945870154
Margaret Tanner 07796172025Parish church, built in 1872 in early English style. Red brick with banding of black brick and some stone details. Steeply pitched roof of slate. West wall has one circular window above two lancets. Gabled south porch. Open sided, of timber on brick plinth. The south wall has lacents with circular windows in the heads. Apsed chancel with a hipped, slate roof and lancets. Interior. North arcade of three bays. Two centred arches of single roll moulding on short, round columns of marble with square capitals, chamfered at corners. Round openings to spandrels filled with nail head ornament. Collar rafter roof. Chancel arch two-centred and of two moulded orders, the inner on short attached columns, carried on corbels. Original communion rail, choir stalls, pews and glazing. VCH (Cambs) Vol.IV, p.200. Pevsner (Buildings of England), p.450. Our busy church provides a lovely warm and welcoming place for all to enjoy with regular services as well as events throughout the year. Well known for our beautiful flower festival and our busy fairs throughout the year we hold many other regular events for all to enjoy.
1st Sunday United service in Parish Church at 9.30am 3rd Sunday – Breakfast Service at 9amContact Details:
Revd Adam J. StevensonPhone: 01945461947Email: email@example.comWe hold a variety of secular concerts throughout the year and a festival in JuneFlexible, modern ground floor space with full wheelchair access, plus 1st floor meeting room and facilities available for community use.Contact for Bookings:Mr A C Coates
The Methodist Church wishes to be an environment where all feel welcome and cared for. In order to allow for widest possible access, this church has the following facilities available: – Wheelchair Accessible Access – Accessible Toilet
Church of St John the Baptist
St John the Baptist Church is a redundant Anglican church in the village of Parson Drove, Cambridgeshire, England. It is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a designated Grade II* listed building and is under the care of the Churches Conservation Trust (CCT). The church stands at the east end of the village, on the north side of the B1169 road, some 6 miles (10 km) west of Wisbech.The church was originally a chapelry of Leverington parish. Its earliest substantial part, the north aisle, dates from the 14th century, although there is a north doorway surviving from the previous century. Most of the fabric of the present church is from the late 15th or early 16th century. In 1613 the chancel was destroyed by floods. The south aisle was largely rebuilt about 1800. The south wall of the south aisle was rebuilt in the early part of the 19th century. St John’s became a separate parish in 1870. Because of increasing population growth, a second church, Emmanuel Church, was built in the village in 1872. In 1895 the nave roof was reconstructed. By the later part of the 20th century, there was no need for two churches in the village, and in 1974 St John’s was declared redundant and passed to the care of the CCT.Having stood redundant and unloved for many years the church is now fast becoming a new community hub. Locals have formed the Friends of St John group and actively raise funds for the maintenance and upkeep of the church for generations to come. Transforming it from an empty and almost forgotten space the friends group organise a busy programme of a wide variety of events and gatherings throughout the year, including various fairs and markets, live music events, craft workshops, fashion shows, quiz nights, outdoor theatres and more.